Friday, January 22, 2021

Needing a day of Color

Today was one our first really cold days of the new year and that calls for some personal color therapy in the form of fabric, fiber and stitching. I decided to spend the day layering yarns, ribbons and silk flowers or leaves on batik fabrics. 

I use these complex fabrics for my fiber art sketchbooks, journals, jewelery, pins and magnets.

While putting these together I listen to the news of the day and try not to get too mad. Today's distraction was following the viral Bernie memes which are hilarious.

My little quilt sandwiches are all a little different and some are pre cut to sizes for the books I cover. 

The finished pieces will be for sale this summer at the gallery in Hayward.

I have taught this method in the past and it's always been a good class. 



I have about 20 pieces to finish sewing before they get rinsed with warm water to remove the solvy film that traps everything on the top. After they dry, I will iron them very flat.

 

1 comment: