I had a little extra time on my hands yesterday in the afternoon. My morning was filled with giving tips, tricks, and some longarm lessons to a friend. With that little bit of extra time, I decided to work on a macro leaf project. I pressed a brown piece of hand Cherrywood dyed fabric and some fancy poly/nylon fabrics. After chalking a spine on my fabric, I trimmed some of the poly/nylons into thin strips and placed them on the marked areas. I layered some of the dress fancies, stitching as I went with the longarm. After I felt there was enough surface fabric, I switched threads to a warm orange and pebbled parts of the brown. I switched thread out again to a darker brown for areas to mctavish.
After trimming, I pulled out some fabric paints to paint the pebbles to get a fall leaf effect. As you can see, I'm midway on this project. I plan to hand paint all of the pebbles and then add surface embellishments using a piece of faux ivory, copper colored beads of varied sizes, and then a few fall colored crystals.
To finish the edge, I will probably turn the outer edge under for a blind hem.