Thursday, May 5, 2011

Challenge Finished



After putsing around today. I finally finished the NLMQG challenge quilt. The shisha mirrors were pretty cool, but made my fingers sore sewing them on because I had to use an upholstery needle. I added some leaf clay beads to give a hint of trees.


It was a fun project once I started. Sometimes starting is the hardest part and I can swear that I procrastinated to the end. This project was the type that everything happened and came together at the right time. I had watched an episode from the new Quilting Arts cd's that came a couple of weeks ago, that Carol Taylor was demoing a technique. I stumbled upon little round mirrors while shopping for beads at a local liquidation store this spring. I fell in love with the clay beads while at the Road 2 California quilt show in January with no special project in mind. I've never shopped for things for specific projects, I just buy whatever intrigues me. It's a pretty eclectic way to work on projects, but it's always worked for me.


How do your projects come together for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment