Saturday, June 4, 2011

Red is my favorite color

I was spending a little time today painting a couple of chairs that I found next to a free sign at the end of a driveway this spring. They were split, faded white, and in sad shape. My husband reglued the stringers and seats. The stool was also a free item that one of my husbands customers said "throw this out for me". He threw it my way.
I love found objects and most of the time I can see what they could be. I have many tables that I've refinished, and that I love. I've gotten chairs, dressers, a secretary, an oak work bench, etc. I love each and every one of them, and I've spent quality time with them, making them my own. Most of the time, I strip, sand, stain, and varnish. These chairs didn't warrant it. So they are now red, my favorite color. I will be making chair pads for the 2 matching chairs and the stool is going in my studio. I will probably take the chairs for my studio too, but for now the paint needs to cure.
When I make the chair pads, I'll post the finished pictures.

1 comment:

  1. My grandma had several chairs similar to yours. She had them painted all different bright colors and when I was little (now 68) she used to let me build houses and forts with them. Your chairs brought those memories back. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete