Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saving a Project

This is a piece that I just finished for a quilting friend. She had become frustrated with it after putting a lot of thought into it and having a vision of what she wanted it to be. She told me it almost ended up in the garbage. I insisted that she give it to me and that I would finish it and gift it back to her.

She had made the top using fabric she hand dyed and organza's, painted plastics, etc. I think there was even some dyed paper towels. I added darker and lighter organza's, white fluffy yarn, sparkly white woven dress fancy, etc. After quilting to give the water more movement, I embellished it with little coral pieces. round shell. and turquoise beads.



I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope Cathy is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment