Tuesday, February 3, 2015


As per my usual, I've procrastinated on a deadline project until just in time, aka, JIT.

I just finished a piece for the local art gallery Art Beat for it's annual color challenge. It hangs for a month at the gallery and will be for sale. It is made from a piece of hand dyed fabric that I reverse stenciled with a fresh leaf from my backyard. I then hand colored the leaves with a yellow Fabrico marker. It's quilted with a 1/4 inch straight stitch. The canvas is painted and "sponge" painted with a lighter tone using an onion bag for the tiny grid design. It's then stenciled with script in black paint. The inchies are hand stitched for embellishing. The other focal piece is a piece of glass that I made at a local shop called ,Glassy Lady.

I haven't thought of a name for it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment