Saturday, January 16, 2021

Learning new things and new tricks

 

This past week I learned a new to me technique. I was inspired by a fiber artist that I follow on social media named Susan Lenz. She makes amazing things and displays in museums. 

I worked with yarns that were dense. Twisted multiple pieces together and sewed them with a wide and long zig zag on my machine to make long roping of the yarns that could then be sewn together with the same zig zag to make bowls, vessels and a tote. 


I'm very pleased with the results and plan to have these at the local gallery that I sell at during the summer months. 

It's creatively invigorating to try new things and stretch your skills. 


Please look for more of my blog posts in the near future. I also encourage you to look at my past blog posts to see other creative things that I've made in the past.

2 comments: