Monday, May 31, 2010

Nothing Thready or Quilty to Post

I have nothing quilt related to share today. Thank goodness the big Memorial Day weekend is over. Our little vacation town gets a bit crazy and crowded in the summer. Many of my quilting customers come up from the cities this past weekend and I had several calling to come over and drop off projects for me to work on. When you work for yourself, weekends don't always mean anything special. My husband is also self employed, so we usually take special days off during the week. Less tourists, and less customers trying to seek us out.

Today we went fishing in a little lake named Patsy wayyyy.....out of town in the national forest on a walking/biking trail. Mike had to drag the canoe for about 1/2 a mile, I carried gear, we walked through dry and mucky swamps, and made it to the perfect bass lake. After 5 hours of fishing, and catching about 50+ big bass each, we are now fed and ready for bed. I'm exhausted! We also have a great case of bass thumb. I love bass thumb! I almost forgot to mention the 2 dozen ticks I found just on myself. YACK! I feel better after a shower.

Tomorrow will be a fresh quilting day. Now off to read a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment