Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter Post Cards


Today I made 4 quilted post cards for a winter challenge exchange with a fiber art group I joined a couple of months ago. The cards are called "Winter Storm".

I made the cards with piece of batik that was marbled light gray to dark blue. I sectioned off my card spaces with a blue marker. I layered a poly trim, fun fur yarn, angelina, gold organza, silver lace material, crystals, white netting, and foiled stars.






After layering, I quilted it on the longarm with mctavishing, and pebbling. I fused white fabric on the back, and edge stitched it in white thread with a small zig-zag. I then wrote the address on the back, and listed the materials used.


I'm very happy with how these cards turned out.






I hope the 4 ladies that are receiving them like them as much as I do. They are going out in the mail to Indiana, Australia, Scotland, and the United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment