Friday, August 5, 2011

AQS Blog of the Week!

Imagine my surprise when I checked my fb and emails after dinner to find out my blog was chosen as "THE BLOG OF THE WEEK!" by AQS. Yep, I'm very pleased and I hope many people read my blog and decide to follow my future postings.
Today I feel like I have struck gold and I didn't even have to pay $1675 an ounce to get it. I stopped at an accounting business that is about 1 block from my home and I found many treasures for my work room. After having sold the "white elephant" in my work room a month ago, (the dreaded pool table) I have room to add stoorage things. At the sale I found stackable bins for my yarns, a plastic rolling cart for my beads, a work area divider for a design board, and my favorite thing....silk leaves for my art quilts.
Today is also a day that I'm prepping 48 kits for the classes I'm teaching next week in Milwaukee. Kit creation is a time sucker, but it really helps to make the whole class experience so much more fun for the student because they don't have to stress out trying to find all the right things on the list. And it helps me make sure the finished art quilt project will be pretty with quality materials.
The other picture is the atcs I made during the demo from last weekend's local quilt show. I've finished beading them and have added them to my collection of atcs that I have in a binder with plastic sleeves.

Again, thanks AQS for the blog of the week pick. Now it's time to get back to the kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment