Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Off to the Big City.


I spent the day scrambling to get as much work finished as possible. Had 4 quilt items on the machine today, with the 4th half finished and me exhausted. I leave in the wee hours of the morning Wednesday to head to Minneapolis. I'm spending the day with my friend Stephanie Forsyth and at 12:30 am picking my grandson up at the Mpls airport. Dakota is flying in from Florida and is an experienced 13 year old flyer.


I've been trying to think of what to bring to Stephanie's to work on or play with and I haven't been able to make up my mind all day. I do admit to being distracted a couple of times by Honey. She nagged me a couple of times to rub her tummy, brush her, feed her treats and rough her up in general.
I did get some outstanding goodies from Stephanie from her trip to market this year. I'm having ideas about the bamboo felt samples and the wool roving. The felt samples are leaf shaped and I think having it layered with some roving, and quilting some long stem stitches with pebbling in the center would be very interesting. Some of my most satisfying pieces are put together in a hurray and stitched without a lot of pre-planning. I love the spontaneity.
How do you work on a quilt piece? Do you plan it out a little or a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment