Friday, August 6, 2010

Creative day and evening at the Show!


I thought it would be cool to add a picture of an art quilt that I made a couple of years ago as a little eye candy while I write about the fun things I did today at the Milwaukee show.
Today I had a class with Myrna Ficken on background treatments for machine quilting. many of the things that were in the class were things that I had already mastered. It did give me chance to sketch and draw to elaborate on the things that I never make time for. I think I've got about 18 pages of drawings from this week. Feels great!
The other class that I had today was with a vendor who taught a screen print and inking class. My friend Joyce talked me into it and I'm glad she did. After feeling so so on some of the classes I've taken, this one was for pure fun.
Right now I'm listening to the teachers of the show on the karaoke outside in the gardens. Karen McTavish has taken the mike a couple of times, as has Sue Patten, Cathy Franks, etc. Who says quilters are dull? No way!
After yesterday's crappy wifi at the hotel, today it is great. Last night I deleted and pared down some things on my website and it took about 2 hours to delete about a dozen things.

No comments:

Post a Comment