Saturday, August 28, 2010

Next Show Quilt Idea


About an hour ago, I had an idea for my next show quilt grow in my head. No better way to put it. Sorry!


I'm close to finishing the 3rd quilt in my "Party" series, and the idea for the next one grew out on an idea after watching the morning quilting shows on PBS. I envision pastel light batiks in a Dresden plate pattern with a light background layered that way I love to do, embellished with beads and crystals, of course. There may be some felt or other dimensional additions.


When I get these little epiphanies, I make a fast sketch and write down the layering and placement ideas very fast. That is the only blueprint I use for planning, but I do use it. The next step will be going to the stash and pulling likely fabrics to work with. If that doesn't satisfy me, a shopping I must go.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm pastels - my favorite. Hope you get it done soon. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Love, Love, Love pastels.

    ReplyDelete