Sunday, August 22, 2010

Inktense Experiment

Here is the finished piece from my experiment with the inktense watercolor pencils. Need I say, I am very pleased with the results? I tested the painted areas last night (late as in 3 am) an found them to be very stable and not prone to bleeding after being heat set.

I stitched and beaded until 3 am cause I was also watching a movie until the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes it is hard to stop when you start on a project. Of course I felt a little fuzzy this morning.

I used a fuchsia and soft green for the big stitch X's and a tear drop bead for the background. The football shaped bead is a pearlized fluorescent that is I love. It brightens up the piece. This is the first time I've used the big X stitch. I was inspired yesterday after watching some of my Quilting Arts cd's again. If you haven't seen Quilting Arts on PBS, you are really missing out on the best art
quilting out there. Interweave Publications is the best in the biz.
Please let me know what you think out my little experiment. I'm planning to try more with other white whole cloth quilting samples I've made. This will be a good exercise to try all of the different color materials I've purchased and not used, plus I can play with background fillers for surface design.

No comments:

Post a Comment