Friday, August 27, 2010

Going through some UFO's


I was finishing up the organization of new 3 drawer bins that I had purchased this week and I decided to open up a beading project that I started in 2008. I dropped it after I was accused of copying someone else's beading and teaching ideas, which was grossly untrue. I was never interested in teaching beading and was making my own beaded stuff and cuffs. I really enjoyed it at the time and felt really hurt by the accusation. I'm no longer friends with the accuser, but I am friendly. We now have an uncomfortable relationship.
As a result of the incident, I even fell back with my quilting for show, missing many opportunities to show the then current show quilt I had made that did go on to win several well placed national awards. Lesson learned that I need to be tougher, thicker skinned.
Today I brought out the beading UFO to look at it and admire what I had made so far. I'm excited again to finish it. The long strip is the base for the cuff and is the only thing that needs to be done. I'm not sure about the pendent as to if I'm going to string beads for a necklace or go with a corded choker. What do you think?
The beading UFO came to mind also because I stopped at the little bead store in Hayward WI where I live and I was impressed by her great selection. Hayward, WI has a population of 2000 and is 1 1/2 hours from any city of good size, so I'm feeling real lucky today with my treasures. This led to my organizing my sizable bead collection, and on and on.......
I'm actually procrastinating with the quilt on the frame that is half done. I better be a good girl and get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment